#30: iPhone Photos!

First of all, it makes me sad that I have been away from my blog for so long.  Number of reasons…none of which are interesting.  Well, what matters is that I am BACK!

So, what have I been up to lately?  I bought an iPhone. It has given me untold joy…opened up my creative eye to the maximum and I feel so liberated with it. Everywhere I look, there is an image to be taken and processed using this incredible machine. I have been training my eye over the last several weeks to “see” more and see more “joyfully”.  I feel deeply happy!

Here is an example of how incredible this machine is….and what a frame of mind I am in when I am with it.  I was sitting in the middle row of an Airplane seat for a 3.5 hour long flight.  There really wasn’t much to do. I pulled out my computer and watched a video for a while. When that was over, I closed the computer and immediately my eye was drawn towards the blinking power button on the computer.  I just HAD to pull out my iPhone and experiment. Wow…I was really drawn into the blinking power light AND the yellow border on the car advertisement. See images below of the scene that was unfolding on my lap. The more I played, the more I became enthralled with it.  Below are the results….along with the actual articles being photographed. Hope you like it. I hope you leave me a comment on what you thought of this post.

This entry was posted in Abstract, iPhone Photos.

7 Comments

1. tonebytone March 31, 2011 at 6:36 am #

Welcome back, Usha! 3 months is a long long time! But I’m glad you’re back. Thanks for posting the images of your computer and the car ad. Your computer has a much more interesting blinking light than mine does, lol. With all the rest of Apple’s innovations, you’d think they could come up with something more interesting than a blob of light.

I hope you post more iPhone images here and at TME’s forum. Now I wish I wish I’d gotten an iPhone before taking off for Marti’s workshop. But expenses, lol. Well, some day – and you are one of my inspirations.

Thanks so much, Flo

2. paullesterphoto March 31, 2011 at 9:02 am #

Usha: Welcome back. 😉 It looks like you put your time to good use. I’ve been following your iPhone photos on Facebook, as well. Your photography is quite inspired. Keep it up and keep posting. I need to know what you’re doing! LOL

3. April March 31, 2011 at 5:35 pm #

I love the expanded explanation of process shown here. I never, ever, could have imagined going from the starting point to those wonderfully strong finished pieces. Whatever connections are being inspired from your eye to your creativity are fabulous.

Maybe Apple would like your series on the “eye” Phone. 🙂

4. Pixelle 2008 April 2, 2011 at 11:02 pm #

Usha,

At last, you are here . Glad to see your pctures again. Love your diptyches: very graphic. Airplane travels seem to inspire you. I remember pictures of the crew with their amazing vivid colors.

I ignore you were on Facebook. Why don’t you put a link on your Blog?

5. Usha April 3, 2011 at 6:32 am #

Hey everyone,
    I feel so supported by all of you. Thank you so much for the comments.

6. Pixelle 2008 April 3, 2011 at 11:38 pm #

“Micheline, what did you mean about linking to Facebook. Did you mean that I should add a link somewhere here on my blog, pointing to Facebook?”

7. Usha April 4, 2011 at 7:29 am #

Thanks Micheline. I will look into that !