#6: I Love Street Photography

savannah3

The reason I love street photography so much is that when I am walking around with a camera in hand, so many photographic opportunities seem to jump out at me.  I love seeing a family passing by, stop and chat with them,  and ask to take their picture. Then when I show an image or two on my LCD, they just glow and pose some more with enthusiasm.  I love this whole process and walk away with such a warm feeling….I smile for a long time after that is over.

I love the colors in this image. Grabbed me right away.

This entry was posted in People, Street Photography, Travel.

8 Comments

1. mvedula January 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

I love this picture taken on River Street in Savannah. It is a cheerful memory of our Savannah trip.

2. Usha January 2, 2010 at 7:53 pm #

I too remember this moment on River Street. I was great that you dragged me out for a walk.

3. Pixelle 2008 January 3, 2010 at 5:12 am #

Very dynamic picture: dutch angle and numerous diagonals. The girl seems to be in connection with you: her blue eyes are intensively looking at the photographer. You capture her in a moment of great presence. Not easy to do. Nice precision of the girl’s face on a well blurred background.
    A nice street portraiture. Bravo, Usha.

4. marti January 3, 2010 at 10:51 am #

This young lady does have a very real connection with you, Usha. It certainly shows through in this image. And, I love the bright colors on what must be a cold day!!

5. Usha January 3, 2010 at 12:33 pm #

Micheline and Marti,
    Thanks so much for stopping by. It is so encouraging when I receive comments. You know, one thing I HAVE to get better at is ….once I make the connection, I rush through the photographing process unnecessarily….even when they are comfortable. I need to slow down and work with the subject and stay with it. I will keep this in mind
    Thanks again
    Usha

6. April January 3, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

A very fun portrait, in so many ways. Along with the colors, there’s an immediacy which draws me right in.

Your last comment reminds me of Craig’s suggestion to keep shooting until the *subject* indicates they’ve had enough. Yet, we want to end on an up note so it’s a delicate balance to maintain!

“I smile for a long time after that is over.” As do they. 🙂

7. tonebytone January 4, 2010 at 11:09 am #

Usha, getting here late, I agree with all the other comments. So here’s my additional ones: From the little girl’s POV: “I have a warm outfit and a cookie and one of those grass weavings that I like. And now here’s a wonderful, happy, smiling lady who wants to take my picture! Oh the wonder of it all!”

Hugs,
    Flo

8. Usha January 5, 2010 at 7:38 pm #

April and Flo, my regular friends….thank you so very much for your support. I don;t know what I would do without your company.
    Usha