#5: Let me see….

Let me see

My little niece and our son playing in the backyard.  I like the story telling aspect of this image.  I feel like Chitra is looking intently to what Kiran is showing and is deciding whether she wants to play or not.  What do you think of the treatment in post?

Usha

This entry was posted in People, Street Photography.

7 Comments

1. timbgray December 31, 2009 at 3:06 pm #

I like the ambiguity of what’s going on – looks maybe like a magic trick in progress. Post is fine, I like the vignetting, maybe a bit of a crop on the right – the right side is a bit heavy.

Happy new year! There are still a couple of spaces left for the 2010 Zion workshop!!!!

2. Usha January 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

Thanks Tim,
    I was not planning on any more workshops in 2010…..and focus on shooting local scenes in earnest. However…you never know. Mind is an interesting beast…It can change at any time.

Happy New Year to you as well.
    Usha

3. April January 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm #

I really like the connection between Chitra and Kiran “through the lens” — of what he is showing her *and* the view of the photographer. It drives me through the scene from near to far, along that dynamic oblique.

Post suggests to me an interesting mix of contemporary and nostalgic, implying movement through time overlaid on the movement through space.

Intriguing!

4. Pixelle 2008 January 3, 2010 at 4:48 am #

April said exactly what I think: dynamic and “intriguing” picture.

I prefer the PP of the airplanes pictures: light and color. Did you do a cross-processing on the first 2 pictures?

5. Usha January 3, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

HI Micheline,
    Is it that the PP is too heavy and dark and mysterious that you do not like? Do you prefer airy, bright, cheerful images? Interesting feedback.
    I just used a lightroom preset.
    Thanks so much
    Usha

6. tonebytone January 4, 2010 at 11:04 am #

Usha, I love this image. In the New Testament of the Christian Bible, in 1st Corinthians 13, there is a verse about “now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face.”

Meaning (for me) that before we become enlightened and can feel unconditional love for everyone, we literally do not have a clear lens through which to view others; but when we do reach this stage of spiritual evolution, then we don’t even need a lens, even if it’s polished and clear, to feel than we are one with everyone we meet.

So this is the metaphor I get from this image. Kiran and Chitra do love each other, but there’s still a lens through which they view each other.

However, I know they were just having fun seeing each other’s distorted features through that magnifying glass.

Hugs,
    Flo

7. Usha January 5, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

Wow Flo, I read your post a few times. Lots to glean from that. I read your comment, look at the image and read again. Thanks very much for the insight.