#3: December Photowalk

-2164

I am back after a fun cold day.  Our Cream City Photographers had another photowalk today.  It was cold but the walk was still fun. Besides, the social aspect after the walk was so warm and friendly. I am truly glad I found this group.

Lesson learned today…on a gray day, pick subjects with artificial light mixed with ambient…to give the image a kick.

Thank you for stopping by.

This entry was posted in milwaukee, Street Photography, Urban.

7 Comments

1. Pixelle 2008 December 20, 2009 at 8:05 pm #

Usha,
    At last you are there -or here! Glad your blog is really opened. May be your second post is a symbol of a starting point. I wish you will be with us (viewers) for a long time. I had problem to log in for to comment
    I love this picture with its open sign and the reflection of the street into the interior of the restaurant. The sign takes its real sens here, as if there is no more border between inside or outside. No more interference.
    Colors tell this story: vivid and “modern” colors of the Open sign (left) opposed to sepia tones (right). May be the real world and the illusion of the world.

” …on a gray day, pick subjects with artificial light mixed with ambient…to give the image a kick.”
    You did it!

2. April December 21, 2009 at 6:20 pm #

Very fun; a delightful juxtaposition! That you caught a person walking through the “back” of the scene is brilliant. I want to “enter” the story. 🙂

3. Pixelle 2008 December 22, 2009 at 2:51 am #

Usha,
    At last you are there -or here! Glad your blog is really opened. Maybe your second post is a symbol of a starting point. I wish you will be with us (viewers) for a long time. I had problem to log in to comment
    Colors tell this story: vivid and “modern” colors of the Open sign (left) opposed to old sepia tones (right). Does it mean the real world and the illusion of the world?

You did it!

4. Usha December 22, 2009 at 8:48 am #

April,
    This is one of those image you “discover” during post processing and then like it a lot. WHen I was shooting, I was shooting without this intent (of a person walking by) and then found it after the shoot. Lesson: Remember this and intentioanlly put a person in these (wait for it to happen) the next time.
    Micheline,
    Thank you so much for your support and for encouraging me to keep it up. It means a lot.

I will try and post another image in the next couple of days. Hope to see you soon.
    Thanks again.
    Usha

5. Paul December 23, 2009 at 11:44 am #

Well, Usha. I’m certainly glad to see that you are posting. I was just headed over here to give you a hard time about posting only one post and then bailing! 🙂

Keep it going, my friend!

6. Ted Byrne December 28, 2009 at 10:57 pm #

Whoa! You have opened with fireworks. Each of your postings is evocative and teases my imagination. Art without wonder is merely craft Usha… These are wonder-filled.

Happy New Year.

7. Usha December 29, 2009 at 8:41 am #

Ted, really glad to see you here. Thanks so much for your very gracious comments as always.